After meetings and more meetings and meetings about more meetings, I finally had a chance to really work on my classroom today. Hooray! I got my class lists, labeled like crazy, got my revised class lists, re-labeled like crazy, and put up a bulletin board I have been anticipating for months! This bulletin board took a little planning, but was overall a simple and fun task. Here's how it happened:
1. During the many meetings, I asked the other teachers in my building to tell me the names of their favorite books.
2. I searched on Google images for the covers of their favorite books and copied them into a document.
3. I found all of the staff photos on the school's website, and copied the teachers' pictures into the document with the book covers.
4. I accidentally printed the document to a building across campus, and when I got there, it had printed double-sided. :(
5. I re-copied the pages and cut out the book covers and staff photos.
6. I wrote "IT'S LITERATURE!" in a huge Kimberly Geswein font (KG Second Chances Solid and KG Second Chances Sketch). I made the "It's Lit" stand out, which made me feel quite clever because my students used that phrase in every other sentence last year!
7. I typed a page that says, "Match your teachers with their favorite books!" I printed this a bit more successfully.
8. I painstakingly cut out every letter, cover, and photo because I still have not purchased a Cameo Silhouette for my classroom. (Fingers are crossed for my birthday next month!)
8. I stapled it all to the board. Ta da!